Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Day # 2 To Boston

After a great night's rest I headed out early. Following the Pan Mass ride route I made good time through central Mass.


There were lots of small villages with town squares and old churches. 

This unusual sign paid respect to the gender equality that is always respected in the Commonwealth and that my daughter would be proud. 


I passed by many beautiful lakes I hadn't realized we're in this central part of the state near the towns o Douglas and Oxford. 


At one beautiful spot I stopped for an afternoon swim and a nap in the heat of the day.

I needed to make a late day detour to find a bike shop to get my rear derailed cable replaced before the beginning to fray cable snapped. This shop in Newton was open and thankfully the mechanic dropped what he was doing and made the emergency repair while I had coffee next door. 


I made it to the house of my college friend Al Ross for dinner and restful nights sleep. 


Tomorrow the ride into Boston and the bus to Bar Harbor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment