Sunday, May 15, 2016

A rest day waiting for Helen Sunday 5/8/16

The trip got off to an auspicious start when I awoke to find Helen my bicycle had not yet arrived. Now 6 days afte the promised 3 to 5 day delivery I had a rest day before I even got started. Not to be deterred I thankfully took the day to visit with my great hosts and fortunately find that Andy had a great in town bicycle that with a minor seat adjustment was absolutely perfect. 


So I set off to explore Seattle. And what a great city. 


There was jaz in the parks. 


A lively waterfront farmers market. 

Of course the Needle. 

No not London......but a wheel. 

Great waterfront parks. This one near the University of Washington with the rowers out. 


And a great downtown that was very bicycle friendly. 

Needless to say I had a great day and was very grateful for Helen being late an having the day to explore the city. 










No comments:

Post a Comment