Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Monday 5/16/ 16 A scenic day to Pacafic City


After first posting these pictures I am trying now to go back and write for my own fading memory some thoughts of what the pictures were. This rock is called Haystack rock. 


These photos I put up yesterday were in backwards sequence for the day. That is sunset first and the morning last. I'm still not entirely proficient with publishing this blog. Besides after riding all day and sometimes sleeping in my tent I am not at my sharpest. 


View from where I had a delicious salmon dinner. 


This need no comment. 


I usually had the road pretty much to myself. 


On incredible view after another. Usually after a modest climb. 


There were a lot of these huge rock outcroppings. It is hard to see but that small dot in front of the rock was a guy hang gliding. And I thought I was crazy riding a bicycle down the coast. 



Still in amongst all of the beauty there were the occasional spots where corporate America and the lumber Barron's had decimated the landscape for profit. 


This is the rig that the guy in the previous picture used to hang glide far out over the ocean. I came across a group of these courageous daredevils running and jumping off a 500+ foot cliff. They said they would fly around if the wind was right for 2 hours before landing on the beach below. 


It was a beautiful clear day. 


One great view after another. 


Proof that I was actually there. You can see that although sunny it was chilly.......about 50F. 




1 comment:

  1. Haystacks, the rock formations in the ocean. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete