Sunday, May 15, 2016

Seattle and the Trip begins Saturday 5/7/16

After a mad scramble to get everything wrapped up before leaving home for a month I departed. Slightly delayed I arrived in Seattle to a warm 75F bright, clear sunny evening. 


The light rail through the city almost to the doorstep of our Squirrel Island friends Andy and Jillon Dupree. An airline delay caused me to miss the Seattle symphony concert where Jillon where was playing the harpsichord. A big disappointment but I went to bed early needing the rest from the 3 hour time change.


The view on my walk from the U of Washington train stop to the Dupree's. 

Although these posts are about  a week late, I am doing them as separate daily posts since the main purpose of the blog is as a personal journal. Not with the idea or expectation that anyone but I will actually read them. 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks to a greater power
    I have a brain and eyes
    and can read !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to a greater power
    I have a brain and eyes
    and can read !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, the pictures are spectacular. Keep them coming. This seems like another wonderful adventure. Be safe and keep having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That UW train station was under construction last time we were there (almost 2 years ago). Familiar sights.

    ReplyDelete