Sunday, May 15, 2016

Helen arrives Monday 5/9/16

Contacting Fed Exp Ground I learned that Helen would arrive today. I was glad for another down day since I was not feeling great. I was having stomach cramps and low energy since my arrival. So I tried to work through some IT computer problems with my blog, took a long nap and a short ride around the beautiful neighborhood where the Dupree's lived..


The spectacular botanical gardens were in full bloom. 


The Seattle Yatt Club just down the block.


And some more great bike paths, that except for one instance never let me down. 


Another crisp clear day always with distant views of the Cascades and Mt Shasta. (Not in this photo, somehow I didn't get a picture of Shasta)

After another lovely dinner on the deck with Andy and Jillon the best hosts yet. I spent time talking in Andy's work shop in the basement where he builds harpsichords and other incredible woodworking feats. He is a modern day Strativarious. Truly a craftsman who while I was there was building part of huge new organ for Notra Dame University. He was putting gold, guilded layering inlay on parts of the exterior, unbelievable workmanship using thin sheets of real gold. The array of tools, clamps, chisels, saws, planers and every imaginable wood working tool was amazing, all were neatly arranged and organized. I wish I took a picture. 

I went to bed early expecting to leave early to belatedly begin my ride. Although with stomach cramps and low energy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment