Monday, April 6, 2015

Saturday to the Cape May ferry

After a great nights sleep we departed moderately early headed for the Cape May ferry. 

It was a return to beautiful weather but our old nemesis the south wind had returned and the going was slow.  As we progressed south we bypassed Atlantic City having seen enough of the Jersey coast and not wanting to be depressed to see what likely was in store for MA where the polititions were betting that the vice of gambling would restore the city of Springfield. 


In spite of the wind and because we were a few hours early for our ferry i ventured a few extra miles into the beautiful old town of Cape May which had some beautiful beaches that I didn't photograph and benches which I did. 


Then to the ferry which was large and very comfortable with big screen TV's where I watched Duke unfortunately trounce Michigan. 


Nick with our bikes safely stowed below. 



I caught another lighthouse; Cape May light, for my collection.


We saw a beautiful sunset. 


Then at dark we made a mad dash on the Delaware side and I followed NIck for my first lesson in "life as a hobo" and slept out under a beautiful starlit sky before watching an almost full moon rise in the east. 



No comments:

Post a Comment