Thursday, June 21, 2012


A glorious day in the sun was in store for today. It was a "relatively easy" days ride of about 60 miles that became a 65 mile ride (5 of what are fondly called "bonus miles) when I missed a turn on the cue sheet. Not so bad except that I was in the lead of about a 5 person group and the others blindly followed me. We recovered had a few laughs and fortunately only had to retrace some flat terrain with some of the most gorgeous scenery imaginable. This is me above riding in my Ben and Jerry's shirt. 

 Here I am again, the guy looking good climbing hard in the back and warding off the big 18 wheelers trying to catch 2 of the young women on the ride. Wait that guy in between the 2 women is wearing a B&J shirt!?!? That can't be me.

So today was another great day made more interesting by getting to know some interesting really great people. Tomorrow is another story. It is one of the most challenging days on the ride. We leave at 6 AM on a 116 mile ride (with hopefully no bonus miles) that includes 2 climbs each of about 2,000 feet. It is expected to be warm not hot with the threat of some afternoon thunderstorms. Many of the penguins are nervous but we will stay together and survive. Tune in tomorrow to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi BIG AL! Larry and I just got a chance to enjoy your blog postings. Photos and commentary are terrific. Remember when I told you about college beau who rode cross country and returned looking like a greyhound? That will be you! Best of luck. Keep the cadence strong and steady. Sue and Larry

    ReplyDelete