Wednesday, June 27, 2012



 Today we are back on the road after a great day off in Boise. This is a picture of a really first class bike path leaving Boise and to emphasize my point about Boise being an enlightened cultural liberal oasis in the midst of a cultural and politically conservative wasteland, here is a picture of the Idaho Shakespeare Festival. Not as world class as Lenox, but it looked to be a nice facility. Maybe Harry can check this out and let me know if it has a good reputation.
I was sorry to leave Boise and as we left we passed a huge Micron computer chip factory and I could see that some high tech and internet business was some of what has given Boise new life. Some of the guys I was riding with said that several silicone valley companies had moved up here to avoid the traffic and congestion of Northern California and because the cost of living and quality of life was better.



The ride today was pretty easy. There were no real hills and only about 55 miles into the very tiny town of Mountain Home, Idaho, miss named because I did not see any mountains around. There were a few but quite a ways in the distance as the picture below indicates. It started off cool in the 50's and with a cloudless sky got up to about 90 by the end of the day. 

Tomorrow it is supposed to get hot, but dry and we have a long 98 mile day on tap. I am going to bed early to be up at 5 AM for breakfast at 5:30 and load up and head out at 6.






3 comments:

  1. Alan,
    I have been following every post and every mile. Really proud of you.
    Seems like you are doing great and having fun.
    I did 61 miles last Saturday with my friend Steve Tosk and 3 others. I actually left them right before that entered Conn. because I only had 1
    small water bottle and it was 90 degrees. Hit the General Store in Shefield for a Gatorade and came home on my own.
    You are my mentor and inspiration. Keep it up...and I will too! Yarmo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alan,
    Sasha and I are conquering Wednesday's crossword (not) - it is a lovely sunny day here. Sasha's birthday was yesterday and he has try-outs for the Under 12 Youth Soccer League for Salem. He is going to do great!
    Ivor is searching for his shoes which are currently located on his feet.
    Keep it up and send more pictures, we love them.
    XX
    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Alan. Thanks for great descriptions and photos. (BION, I have actually been to Mountain Home!)
    Hope all's well and stays well! JW

    ReplyDelete