Wednesday, July 4, 2012




Leaving Jackson

Out of the mountains and into the plains with the temperatures rising. Happy 4th of July!! We rode 78 miles today. The first 30 miles were beautiful and very interesting as we descended out of the Tetons and into some boring slightly rolling terrain and into the town of Riverton, WY. Leaving the very friendly, small authentic cowboy town of Debois this morning was sad. We missed what I am sure would have been a western version of the Stockbridge Memorial day parade, complete with an invitation to the town picnic and dedication of the new volunteer fire department station house.

First some pictures from yesterday when I was too tired to post them and went to bed at 7:30 and slept solid through until 6:30 AM.
The Grand Tetons which I learned were named by the French and translate as "the big teats". So we called yesterday the big boob ride.
As seen from the bike path riding out of Jackson Hole in the morning.        


The Wind River flowing down the eastern slope just after the Continental Divide, was a great place for a soak in the river and an afternoon meditation.
In my outfit for the 4th of July. The picture does not show my red white and blue socks and the American flag on my bike

The road they would not let us ride with the Tetons in the background showing how far we rode in a half of a day

The ABB van that I did not take. Instead I threw myself at the mercy of the Wyoming DOT and rode in the back of a pick-up. Photo tomorrow








1 comment:

  1. Alan, Great pics. You are getting skinny. I am going to ride with Alex tomorrow, should be fun.
    Proud of you!

    Steve Yarmo

    ReplyDelete