Monday, July 16, 2012

Sioux Falls
We entered Minnesota today. It was a hot 90+ degrees but with a cool but not as cold as I would have liked Lake Okabena at the end of the modest 62 mile ride. Tonight we are in the small town of Worthington in a Super 8 that is sort of the bottom of the barrel of our typical hotel. It is a nice little town but we are in the outlying "mall sprawl Wall-mart" part of town. So I am going to forgo the cramped noise air conditioned no-tell motel for the luxurious fresh air and cool breeze of my alternate room outdoors under the stars. I am better prepared after a acquiring some additional gear yesterday and will be very comfortable.

I hope to have more time tomorrow night for a more detailed post tomorrow in Mankato. It is a 112 mile ride and expected to be hot. But sleeping out, I will get an early start and hopefully get in before the mid day heat builds.

Great bike path leaving Sioux Falls, note the shadow of the riding photographer.
More bike path

1 comment:

  1. Are you related to Bob Horne??
    Hey, did you get my package?

    ReplyDelete