Friday, July 13, 2012

More of the same across South Dakota today which has given me an idea for tonight after talking with some farmers today at a popular lunch spot that was kind of like the Elm Street Market of Prarieville SD.

Due to my adventure for tonight I will be late with today's post. I will catch up tomorrow when I have modest 70 miles into Sioux City and a rest day. ..........

Later ....... on rest day ..... First I will do a post on the ride into Mitchell, SD.

On the ride 71 mile ride into Mitchell, SD we saw the countryside gradually change from ranching and cowboys to corn, soybeans, winter wheat and farmers.

The farms were huge and had been consolidated because there were often abandoned houses where smaller farms once existed.

I made the day into a relaxed ride with several stops to do some shopping at a Native American reservation and picked up some nice gifts for some of my "loved ones". After the great birthday package that Sarah had sent I was inspired to be able to reciprocate when I get home. But to my loved ones ..... don't get your hopes up, because whatever I buy, I must be able to carry with me for the days bike ride and then still fit into my small travel duffel bag that is limited (and the military regime who runs the ride does check) to 35 pounds

Today we were required by the C-O (commanding officer)  to wear our ABB uniforms. This time I obeyed orders!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh la la - can't wait to hear what you have in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the blog, Alan, and living your adventure vicariously. It feels like a life-changing experience. But stay clear of the road kill. P.S. Did you know you have a white beard? Glad you're still shaving your legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the adventure.

    ReplyDelete