Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Today we crossed the continental divide at about 9000 FT elevation. This was after an absolutely unbelievably beautiful gentle climb out of Jackson Hole where we skirted the southern edge of Yellowstone. The excitement today included about a 3 mile section of road construction where the State of Wyoming DOT closed the road so we had to shuttle 3 or 4 at a time in the back or a pick up truck with our bikes. What would be illegal in MA was SOP here in Wyoming ..... Ya-hoo ....ride em cowboy. With all of the beautiful scenery, the ride in the pick-up the swim and many stops to admire the views, I got in late.

The decent into Debois WY, elevation 6800 FT was wild with a 25 MPH tail wind. For me it included a swim and an icing of my legs in a cool but surprisingly not really too cold mountain stream. Tomorrow I will have pictures because I am too tired and am going to me now at 8 PM.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Fourth of July Alan---thanks for biking across America and sending pictures and descriptions of what it is like out there. I will definitely miss you at the cookout today---not sure what to do without your capable presence at the grill. Luckily Bobby has offered to stand in for you---he cooked a mean steak for Sarah and me the other night so I think we will be in very good hands. Be safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alan, ditto to Janes comments about missing you. The blog is great. Keep up the great work and yes....be safe. we miss you.
    S and M

    ReplyDelete