Sunday, July 1, 2012

Apparently something must be going on with my body when our 65 mile ride today seemed like an easy rest day. We did have a tailwind and I did ride with some larger groups of riders, but still?!?!? Also something seems to be going on with my face now that I haven't shaved since we started. I and several other riders have made a pact to not shave until we reach the Atlantic. In addition to a fairly easy day today I made my first "plunge". I maintained dignity and was in my riding shorts, not naked as on some other occasions. None the less it was into the Shake river and there were many pictures that I hope to publish later when I can get them.

Sorry about yesterday's post, I did not have any pictures because of technical difficulties. I will make up for yesterday by posting many pictures of the past 2 days.

Climbing out of the Cascades in Oregon

Me in the lead with my roommate Charlie and an intruder who joined our pace line

Before I crashed and burned the day I rode with the Alphas

Charlie and me on the bike path leaving Boise

The spot in the Snake River where I swam today

A side road we did not take

The main road through eastern Idaho, The long shadows and the sun coming up almost an hour into our 97 mile day.
Idaho Falls where we are staying tonight and I will have a special surprise tomorrow morning when we depart at 6:30.
Tomorrow is a BIG day with a 90 mile day into Wyoming that includes 2 big climbs over to Jackson Hole WY. Tonight we are at elevation 4700 FT and tomorrow will cross Teton Pass at 8431 FT elevation. It should be a lot of fun!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you are not going to shave your face and you are thinking about skinny-dipping, you might want to consider "man-scaping".

    ReplyDelete