Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2 days from Gijon to Ampuero

The last 2 days since Gijon I have had a hard time getting Internet, plus I have been living closer to the earth staying in an el Camino albergue in Saint Estefon and last night sleeping under the stars along side a lighthouse on the beach in Saunces. Tonight I am in a little village about 50 miles from Bilbao. I have left the coast where half of the time it is beautiful but half the time it is cool with a misty fog rolling in off the ocean.

I have been making pretty good time logging in about 70 miles per day since Gijon. This in spite of a lot of up and down. I found if I stay along the coast there is a big decent at every river, town or beach, with a big climb to follow. If I move inland there are bigger climbs but much fewer.

I will close with a bunch of photos, which I have gotten better at taking since Hannah grace me her great handlebar bag where I can keep my iPad/camera handy.

 Fog rolling in

Breach without the misty fog


Church and albergue where I stayed on Monday


My afternoon comida on Tuesday, a lobster payalla.

One of many little villages and churches along the way.

Anywhere there is a sandy spot the locals head to the beach with their umbrellas.

Alan on the road




View from my table at dinner tonight ....... Good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment