Thursday, July 25, 2013

On to Villefort to recover

Being ill is a bummer, but being sick when you are away from home and can't just hunker down in your own bed to recover is the worst. Today I woke up and felt so bad I made the decesion to call it quits and head home. To get home I will have to ride 2 days to the nearest train station, so firts I found a pharmacy to get something to quell the war raging in my stomach. 


The pharmacy where I bought the amodiam that may have saved my life.

I then languished about town like the homeless desperado that I felt like, unable to face eating anything. I visited the office le tourismo and booked a room half way to the nearest train station to make my way home. The jete included a private bath which I would need. 

With no strength or energy I headed out at about noon at an embarrassingly slow pace. The day wasn't too hot and there were many cyclers with small children, old ladies and the infrrmed to all passing me by. 



The scenery was typically great but I didn't take much notice.

At one point I stopped to watch a game of bocci the local men were playing. 


I sat on a bench watching with some guys too old to play. I felt right at home with them. They were quite entertaining and ivery funny acting as a vocal gallery giving what I took to be advice and criticism.

 By now the medicine had seemed to have started to work and I had a sandwich at a little Italian restaurant that seemed to sit fairly well.

At about 6:00 I made my way into Villefort and got directions up the hill to my room at the jete. I staggered in having to walk the final 300 yards up a very steep section.  What a pleasant surprise ..... it was incredibly nice.



With an inviting looking pool.


..... and that night things started to turn around with a great family style dinner served by a very gracious lady to her diverse assortment of guests.


I went to bed beginning to feel a little bit better, but still grateful to hav a private bathroom.









No comments:

Post a Comment