Friday, July 26, 2013

Recovered on the road to Montselgues


 I awoke feeling much better and reconsidered abandoning my journey and going home. Keeping all options open, I decided to continue east heading out of the pucker brush to the Rhone River Valley where I could, if I wanted catch a train to Lyon and home.

I said my sad goodbyes to Nellie.


..... and headed into some more beautiful country. 

With all of the deep gorges and canyons I had passed through the one thing that surprised me the most was that none of them had been dammed up!!!!!! 

Today just north of Villefort I saw the first and it was incredible.


First the lake created .....


....... the dam ....


Looking down the back side of the dam ....


.... and up ..... and up ...... and up, with the river, town and lake disappearing below. After going up for a long time the land flattened out and there were rolling hills with grazing cows and sheep for most of the day.


With my stomach now fully recovered I stopped for a nice lunch in a small town.


Late in the afternoon I began a long descent, into another beautiful village where I stopped to visit the Tourist office to find a room.



We booked a room, but I had one last long 600 meter climb.


Finally to the top ....


The town I am headed for below ..... I think I am in for a big descent, to a very different jete for tonight.


I will take some photos in the morning and fill in the details.












No comments:

Post a Comment