Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Recovered with funds in hand and on the way home

Just a quick note here since I have heard from some family who had several concerned phone calls asking if I was all right because I haven't posted in a few days. I am okay!!! I'm sorry that I might have left things hanging, but I have been very busy and out of Internet access.

All is well now and I am now in Milano Italy on my way back to Lyon hopefully today where our good friends that Sarah will be staying with after Perpignon live. Then down to visit my patient and understanding wife Sarah in Perpignon for a few days of R&R and then home and back to work.

It has been an exciting and eventful end to the trip and I still have a few hurdles to clear in getting my bicycle back to Lyon. I will fill in the details and recreate the daily log during my R&R when I finally get some rest in France and I reconnect with Sarah.

But I am okay!!!

I won't leave the blog unfinished like I did last year riding across America at the end. So in the unlikely event that anyone is actually reading this, there is an exciting finish, complete with a lot more really good people who appear out of nowhere to help out what in the end becomes a weary and down and almost out but resourceful intrepid traveler in Croatia.

I might even get inspired to recall and write for myself the closing days to last years trip across America ...... just for the record.


2 comments:

  1. You rocked it! Go to France and eat, drink and sleep!!!!!! xoxo pru

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're on you're way back west dad!
    Xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete