Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Recovery in Portarosa

After a slightly uncomfortable but restful nights sleep I woke late. You know how after a fall or an accident or being in a brawl you wake up the next day with bruises and stiff in places you didn't feel the day before. Well that is exactly how I felt. Glad for the day of rest.

I lingered for an hour over coffee and then wrote (mostly to myself) yesterday's long blog for another hour. 


This is where I sat all morning. In a daze sort like how I felt after the second fall yesterday. Not quite believing where I was and what just happened. I am in a former Soviet republic, what my ancient generation would say "behind the Iron Curtain", in enemy land, where I don't know a soul, with no money and I am sore and bruised as hell. 

The place I was staying at was very interesting .......


Unlike a good portion of the downtown area that was new and clearly built after the fall of the Communist state in the late 1980's this place was as though it was caught in a time warp. It was definitely from the old Soviet era the architecture, the furnishings the electrical and plumbing and the little old lady and her son who owned and ran the place. 


It must have been in it's day one of the more exclusive spots. And a good place to recover. 




No comments:

Post a Comment