Monday, August 12, 2013

Venice continued ..... In 2 parts


The main squares and along the waterfront were very crowded but my favorite places were some of the deserted back alleys that were out of the sun, cool and I had a ball exploring on foot. And my family will be glad to hear I must have walked 10 miles and it didn't feel too bad. With a lot of stretching and walking quickly my legs didn't go numb.




I will wait for the romantic gondola ride for when I visit with Sarah my sweetheart.






I saw these guys and new immediately they were Americans. The division 1 BB team from IUPUI .... Look it up, they made the NCAA tournament in 2003 and are a great bunch of guys having the time of their life in Venice.









...... and on the boat trip out of the city to a Treporti a resort beach town on a barrier island to the east. I met the coolest dude ever who was cycling down to the seaside to see his girlfriend He was from the Dolomites, Alps along the Austrian border. He has ridden all over Europe and even parts of Asia in the summer. In winter he is a ski instructor.


A really nice guy he rode with me for 2 boats and helped me navigate the 3 different boats I needed to take to get out of the city and to where I was going. And he recommended the great place I stayed at tonight.

But enough for now ....... needless to say this day was one of the best days of the trip and I am so glad I took the day to see and explore Venice ..... like Bilbao it is somewhere I will definitely return .....



Alan Ross as I imagine him sailing into Venice some day alongside a huge floating hotel.



1 comment:

  1. no pictures came through for us......? check the link. xxoo

    ReplyDelete