Sunday, February 23, 2020

2 days riding to Matanzas

Due to my dislike of the hot afternoons on the next 2 days I started out before sunrise. My goal is to make it to Havana by Sunday to meet with my Berkshire friends.



Mostly a rural agricultural area in central Cuba




Many open fields tended by hand. And what Matty B would appreciate were some raised beds with what looked like “no till” farming. 



Mi small little private Casa in Jaguay Grande 



And a traffic jam leaving the small town



Especially in smaller towns I always attract a crowd of curious and friendly children who are always helpful to find what I need.... be it internet, a place to stay, water or something to eat. 





A small beach at aCampisimo along the Bay of Pigs mostly for local Cubans



And a swim at a cool fresh water lagoon filled with fish



Just like at home..... the old men hanging out at the coffee shop but here playing some sort of game with tiles and lots of shouting. 

I love how they park their bicycles against the curb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment