Wednesday, February 12, 2020

On the road, slowing down

I think my last post was on my 2ed day in Santiago and my first day out on the road. I stayed at very nice friendly Casa Particular in Chiverico. Tres Piedras was the restaurant upstairs from the casa, about a mile down a dirt side road with at least 4 species of farm animals in the road but also many people young and old and a few horse drawn carts. 



Then a delicious dinner served on the roof patio along an assortment of Canadian, Danish, and local Cubans. 



The riding has been fantastic with good pavement, a tail wind, just enough up and down and spectacular views. 






In Uvero a famous site where Fidel and his troops won their first victory over Batista.  I met Dr Reyes a rebound professor and historian of the revolution. We had a nice chat after he invited me into his home for coffee. 

Then knowing it was too hot to ride after 1:00 I headed for a highly recommended Campisimo on the coast just below Pico Tucquino the highest mountain in Cuba. Arriving at 1:30.

More later. 

1 comment: