Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Havana getting ready for Home



My room 4th from the left I overlooking the Plaza. 


 Tuesday leaving Matanzas was a great day but very long and as often happens when bicycle touring in Cuba There was a curveball and some peligroso por la tarde. 

I didn’t leave Matanzas until 8 after a nice breakfast at the fancy hotel and made the long ride to Havana easily with a nice tailwind and a siesta and a swim at a beautiful beach just east of the city.










Thatched hut ...... perfect for a nap. 

After the nap and swim I followed a recommended route via a ferry boat to cross over Habana Harbor into the city. It was me and the locals and hectic taking longer than expected. 



I landed in the busiest part of downtown and the directions a mi Casa were sketchy and now getting dark I got lost. I didn’t want to be late or a no-show for Abbey and Laura. So I went directly to Abbey’s casa which was easy to find. We had a FABULOUS dinner and it was great to see her and Laura.










But now in the dark in a big city after 2 recovery beverages at 9:30 I had to find mi casa.??!! 

Fortunately my google maps was working and I found mi casa and collapsed into bed with as usual very friendly hosts who had been worried about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment