Saturday, February 22, 2020

Cienfuegos..... a great town

Since I was in a great Casa with a fabulous host I decided to stay a 2nd day in the city where there is lots to see. 

I started with a 1 hour boat ride out to the narrow entrance to the large bay. 


It was a packed boat filled with a happy crowd of locals. 



And a seasoned professional crew. 






First I visited an old historic fort dating back to when Columbus first passed by in the 1400 and 1500 dreds. 






Then I rode out to a nuclear plant built by the Russians. It is an identical reactor to Chernobyl but never fueled up and started after the disaster in 1992. I got right up next to it. 

Very eerie after seeing the TV series. 



I imagined it melting down



Then another short boat ride and a nap and swim on the beach. 






A Cuban beach massage



A huge ship passing out the channel. 

1 comment: